Recommended Reading Resources
If you are looking for rich and meaningful reading resources to purchase, here are a few of my favorites. You may ask where to purchase these. Mine were purchased through Amazon. I also purchased yearly subscriptions of the NCTM magazine, Teaching Children Mathematics. This is definitely a subscription worth purchasing!
If you or a group of colleagues are interested in a book study on any of the books please contact me. I have done a book study with a group of 6-8 colleagues two years ago on Mike Flynnś book, Beyond Answers. It is an excellent opportunity to dig deep into the literature and connect it to our teaching practices/pedagogy. Or if you have read an article from the NCTM magazine and would like to share and have a discussion please contact me.
Reading to gain knowledge is indeed important! But it is highly critical that teachers are able to apply the knowledge and reflect upon their practices/pedagogy so delivery of instruction improves for the benefit of student learning.
- Visible Learning For Mathematics Grades K-12 by John Hattie,Douglas Fisher, and Nancy Frey
- Teaching Mathematics in the Visible Learning Classroom Grades K-2 by John Almarode, Douglas Fisher, Kateri Thunder, John Hattie, and Nancy Frey
- Teaching Mathematics in the Visible Learning Classroom Grades 3-5 by John Almarode, Douglas Fisher, Kateri Thunder, John Hattie, and Nancy Frey
Beyond Answers by Mike Flynn
- Young Mathematicians At Work, Constructing Number Sense, Addition and Subtraction by Catherine Twomey Fosnot, and Maarten Dolk
- Young Mathematicians At Work, Constructing Multiplication and Division by Catherine Twomey Fosnot and Maarten Dolk
- Young Mathematicians At Work, Constructing Fractions, Decimals, and Percents by Catherine TwomeyFosnot and Maarten Dolk
- Young Mathematicians At Work Constructing Algebra by Catherine Twomey Fosnot and Bill Jacob
- A Parentś Guide to Understanding Math Education in Todayś Schools by Catherine Kellson and Catherine Twomey Fosnot
- Learning and Teaching Early Math, The Learning Trajectories Approach by Douglas H. Clements and Julie Sarama
- The Myth of Ability, Nurturing Mathematical Talent in Every Child by John Mighton
- Coming to Know Number , A Mathematics Activity Resource for Elementary School Teachers by Grayson H. Wheatley and Anne M.l Reynolds
- Developing Mathematical Fluency Activities for Grades 5-8 by Grayson H. Wheatley and George E. Abshire
- Mathematical Mindsets by Jo Boaler
- Young Children Continue to Reinvent Arithmetic 2nd Grade Implications of Piagetś Theory by Constance Kamii and Linda Leslie Joseph
- Young Children Continue to Reinvent Arithmetic 3rd Grade Implications of Piagetś Theory by Constance Kamii and Sally Jones Livingston
- Mathematics Teacher Learning Teacher Magazine, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- Teaching Childrenś Mathematics Magazine, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)